Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Golden-Crowned Kinglet

Golden-Crowned Kinglet
I've photographed the golden-crowned kinglet several times but I'm having a hard time getting a nice picture that is properly exposed and in focus. Sometimes I think the birds are having fun making my life difficult. They won't sit still for a photograph. Before my camera can zoom in and focus, the bird usually moves on to a new perch. They are so small that I have a hard time following them as they flit from branch to branch. The fact that the next picture is the only sharp image I have of one of these birds, so far, seems to me proof that they are making fun of me.

Golden-Crowned Kinglet Golden-Crowned Kinglet
This is the full frame which was zoomed to 20x.

Click on an image for a larger picture.

Golden-Crowned Kinglet, 02/09/2010
Great Meadows National Wildlife Refuge, Concord, MA
Canon PowerShot SX20 IS

No comments: